Community Trash Clean Up
This document contains instructions for how to clean up areas around you with family and/or friends.
This youth-led climate change organization has been making headlines the past two years, most notably for being behind the push for a Green New Deal.
A collective, action-oriented group working in partnership to achieve positive outcomes for all youth, ages 9-26, so they can reach their full potential. Their goal is to build a more holistic approach to youth development; with an even stronger focus on youth voice and youth rights.
UNICEF Voices of Youth
An organization set up by UNICEF to help children from across the world exchange knowledge and ideas. Children and adolescents can explore, discuss and partner on issues related to human rights and social change, as well as develop their awareness, leadership, and community building skills.
Young Writers Project
YWP is a community of young writers and artists who create and connect online and revolves around three core areas — the website, publications, and workshops — for young people between ages 13 and 19.
- Anti-Racism Resources– This document is intended to serve as a resource to white people and parents to deepen our anti-racism work.
- Black Lives Matter Resources– This document lists ways you can support the movement by signing petitions, texting, calling, donating, and more!
- Lost River Racial Justice-Solidarity Action Steps for White People – An action plan that addresses immediate harms, injustice and inequities; push for long-term systemic change; mobilize and educate other white people; and do our own learning and healing.
- Information and Resources on the Black Lives Matter Protests – A guide explaining the importance of protests, ways to donate, other ways to support and educational resources on the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Anguish and Action – Obama Foundation – A guide created in collaboration with former President Obama to promote resources and information about the unjust murders of black lives in America. There are ways to donate, places to get engaged, videos to watch, petitions to sign and so much more.
Activism and Civic Engagement
- Civil Discourse Online – (by Common Sense Education): Cameron Kasky, one of the survivors of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, and a March for Our Lives activist, offers some lessons learned and advice for having political discussions online.
- 10 Ways Youth Can Engage in Activism (by ADL) – Share these methods with students to give them an outlet for their political passions.
- Volunteer Opportunities in Windham County– Look through a long list of opportunities to volunteer in Windham County!
- The Backfire Effect (by the Oatmeal) – This humorous, web-based comic explains how our brains are wired to resist facts that challenge our world views. While it doesn’t offer any easy answers to this issue, it encourages us to be open to new ideas.
- StoryCorps App – Tell your story, interview someone else.